Friday, August 6, 2010

Let's Get Physical

I'm always up for trying new things and tonight I went and checked out Pop Physique on the West Side.  Months ago, I bought a one month pass but at the time they only had studios in Silverlake and Studio City.  Neither of which are close to me.  Mike and I were out running errands last week and I saw that a Pop Physique studio had opened near our house.  I think Mike almost ran off the road when I screamed and pointed it out.

It's super easy to book classes through their website... totally user friendly.  I was looking forward to this all day.  Until I got home.  I started having anxiety about going.  What if I suck?  What if it's more dancing hip hop than ballet and I look silly.  What if I can't do it?  Thoughts like this are what prevent me from doing a lot of things in life.  My social anxiety isn't as bad as it used to be but sometimes I do have freak outs.  I sucked it up and went.  It's within walking distance from my house.  How can I not go?!

I enjoyed myself.  My arms are killing me.  I had to make a phone call on the way home and I could barely hold the phone up to my ear.  AND I USED 2LB WEIGHTS!  haha.  My arms are so weak.   Scratch that... no self deprecating talk anymore.  I had a great arms workout yesterday so I was definitely feeling the burn.  I keep forgetting to do the Operation Beautiful thing at places though.  I need to be better about that.

Today's Food Choices:

I figure this is probably pretty boring for some readers but I want to explain WHY I'm doing it.  1200 Calories a day is pretty restrictive in my world.  It might be easier once I start working out more and I create larger deficits but until then, it's a struggle.  Often times I wonder what on earth do people eat on that sort of nutrition plan.  This is to help people who need food ideas.  Also I have a bad habit of gravitating towards what I know and what's easy so I eat the same things day in and day out and that's not good for a at least two reasons.  First, variety is the spice of life - eating the same foods all the time gets boring.  If we are bored with our food choices then we may gravitate towards exciting foods like Bacon Cheeseburgers.  Second, if we don't have enough variety in our diets, then we aren't getting the proper vitamins and nutrients.  I would love readers to share recipes with.

I always eat the same thing for breakfast, Monday - Friday.
Steel Cut Oats with Flax Oil and Maple Syrup (haven't had flax oil this week so the kcal count is sans oil), Coffee with Coconut Milk and Sugar - 391 Calories

Snack-
Fage 2% Greek Yogurt with Maple Syrup and  a cup of red grapes, Yakilt Probiotic drink, and a proteiin shake after my workout - 458 Calories

Dinner - Pita Bread with a tsp of baba ganoush, tabouleh salad, Tzasiki and some Hummus with a glass of wine - 330 Calories

Energy In = 1532
Energy out = 415

It's 9 on a Friday and I am so ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment