Sunday, August 8, 2010

Couch25k

Day one done!  It wasn't so bad.  Honestly, it was a lot more difficult that I thought it would be.  I can run about 45 seconds before I start wondering when my minute is up.  I'm eager to see how quickly that changes.

After my run, I headed to our local farmer's market and picked up some strawberries for my protein shakes.  I love our farmer's market so much.  Such great energy there.

I decided to head over to The Sanctuary next and check out their new birthing center.  Holy crap, it was NICE.  I want our bedroom to look like this place.  Hopefully they'll have photos up soon.  They aren't just a birthing center though... they also do family wellness and I think this might be our new primary care physician.  I also would like to speak with them about studying to become a Doula and eventually a midwife.

Mike returns from his trip today.  I'm very excited to see him but a little sad that he's only home for 3 days before he heads back out again.  I'm hoping to get him out in the sun for an hour tonight to help with the jet lag.  I'm also hoping he's in the mood for sushi because I'd really like to take him to Hamakaze.

We're home!

Hamakaze was delicious.  If you live on the west side of Los Angeles, I recommend it.  I'm a little unsure of how to track that food but I'm going to try.

Breakfast:  Same as yesterday 222 calories
Lunch: Protein Shake - 259 Calories (drank all 16oz throughout the day)
Dinner: Spicy Salmon roll and crispy rice cakes with spicy tuna, sake and beers.  This isn't entirely accurate calorie wise but -996 calories

Energy in 1477
Energy out (according to my body bugg at 8PM)- 2290

That's showing a deficit of 813 kcals.  Assuming I underestimated my energy intake by 300kcals, that's a 500 deficit and I'm ok with that.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog. You have motivated me to get my butt in gear. Thank you.

    I wanted to encourage you to really look into and follow through with The Sanctuary and midwifery. I had my daughter at a birthing center. It was the best experience. I have so much love and respect for everyone involved with my her birth.

    I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete