Thursday, August 5, 2010

And we're off

A little back story....

I grew up in a house where nutrition wasn't a priority.  Sure, I was fed at every meal but it was far from healthy.  I grew up on junk food.  Donuts for breakfast, peanut butter m&m's for lunch and S'mores poptarts for dinner.  I, along with my parents, did not make very wise food choices. 

Fast forward 27 years to when I met my husband (Mike) and my eating habits slowly changed.  I kicked disordered eating to the curb and embarked on a new journey.  A healthy one. 

Mike proposed to me on July 1, 2009 and I have to say that was probably the catalyst for change. I wanted to look my best for our wedding day.  I signed up for Bridalicious Boot Camp and that's where my fitness journey began.  Unfortunately, after being totally sedentary for 10 years, I injured myself.  I was devastated.  Fortunately, my diet was super on track (or so I thought but we'll get to that later) so I didn't worry about gaining a bunch of weight or anything.  After boot camp, my husband and I made the choice to be healthy together.  We want a long and healthy life together so we joined L.A. Fitness and each got our own personal trainers.  Holy crap!  Jeff and Shaun love kicking our butts. 


After a couple months of solid working out, I started getting inspired.  I feel great and want to do great things!  I want to run in the Nike Women's Marathon.  I want Mike to run in the L.A. Marathon with me.  I want to do it  for The John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health and for myself.  I want to touch people's lives in the way so many have touched mine.  There is so much I want to do and I want to share my journey with others. 

So... this will be my public diary.  This is where I will hold myself accountable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment