Saturday, August 7, 2010

Feeling down

Holy Crap, my calves are feeling yesterdays workout!  I love it.  I kind of wish I had forced myself to go at 11 this morning to another class.  


Today I set out to walk to Venice Beach.  It's absolutely gorgeous outside and the perfect day for a walk.  I loaded Zara up in her harness, grabbed my bottle of water and my ipod and off we went.  I actually wanted to run today and planned on starting my Couch to 5k training program but two problems came up.  I couldn't find the fanny pack (stylish, I know) and the first day of training is only 20 minutes.  I have small back pack I used to hold all my junk but it doesn't work so well for running.  I feel like if I had a iPhone and an arm strap, I could go without an ipod and my blackberry.  I want a running program on my phone and my music as well.  I don't want to have to run carrying a back pack or wearing a fanny pack.  What do you use to hold are your stuff while running?


A mile in to my very brisk walk, I was STARVING.  I had a major moment of weakness and I gave in.  I'm really bummed about this.  Usually, I have pretty good will power but not today.  I called and ordered a pizza.  I justified ordering this by doing my walk home extra fast.  I made it home in the half the time and just in time for the delivery to arrive.  and then I ate 4 small slices and had a glass of wine.


According to My Fitness Pal, I'm pretty ok on Calories considering it's 7:15 at night.


Breakfast:  High Fiber English Muffin, half tsp of butter, cinnamon & sugar with an espresso with sugar and coconut milk - 222 Calories
Lunch: Wheat Pita Bread (1/2 of one), 1tbs baba ganoush, tabouleh salad and tzasiki - 81 Calories (yes, I've been eating this a lot but it was leftovers and they are finally gone!)
Dinner - 4 slices of thin crust pizza with artichoke, garlic and spinach and a glass of wine - 841 Calories


Energy in: 1144
Energy Out: 213
I have 269 calories remaining... I think I'll have a protein shake later.


To wrap up... I'm really disappointed that I got so down on myself today for eating pizza.  When I had that last piece I got frantic trying to figure out what I could do at home in order to increase my activity level for the day.  I don't want to be obsessive about this but I almost feel like I have to be.  In an effort to not be so freaked out I've started using my Body Bugg again.  I have a love hate relationship with this thing.  I mainly hate it because my trainer likes to have a contest  and try to beat his last score (how many cals I burn) and I usually want to throw up afterwards.  Anyway, I just really want to not get so down about this sort of thing.  


In an effort to hold my self accountable, tomorrow I will start the couch to 5k training.  Run for 60 seconds, walk for 90.  I can do this.  and I will report back. 


My husband comes home tomorrow.  I can't wait to show him what I've been working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment