Saturday, October 30, 2010

I busted out the laptop for this one

A few weeks ago, Mike spilled water on all of my electronics.  Each one at different times.  It still makes me laugh.  My iPod survived but my lap top is sort of on the fritz and I had to get a new blue tooth ear piece.

A new Macbook wasn't really in our budget and I've been wanting an iPad so I went for that instead.  My real reason for wanting an iPad was so that I could take it the gym.  If I can easily read or maybe watch some Netflix while I'm doing cardio,  I might stay on more than 30 minutes.  Truthfully, I've only tested this out 2 times.  One time, I did a full hour, the other I got hungry and still needed to go tanning so I left after 5 minutes of cardio.  In my defense, I had worked out with my trainer for 30 minutes prior so it wasn't a total wash.

It's not quite so easy to blog from an iPad.  I need to get that handy little keyboard thing and maybe I'll get more done.  Anyway, if you notice lots of typos and instead of spaces between words, there is the letter n... well, now you know why.  I try to fix it but sometimes I don't catch it.

Anyway, the point of this post was to say Thank YOU to my friends and family who reached out to me.  Tabitha, I even want to thank you for saying something when I said not to.  I know you couldn't see behind my giant sunglasses but I was crying and not in a bad way.  Also, thank you for encouraging me to doing the stairs two at a time.  I'm sorry I didn't join you guys for dinner but my head was killing me.

My family.... my family wasn't much on talking about things.  I love my mother dearly and maybe it was because she had me so young but we just didn't talk about feelings.  I remember, as a teen, telling her I was sad or upset about a friend or boyfriend and her just telling me I'd get over it.  It's not the end of the world.  And I 100% know that she was right.  It wasn't the end of the world when Jaclyn and I got in to that huge fight about I don't even know what.  Guess what?  We're still friends.  We got over it.

At the same time though, I think it would of been nice to have been able to talk about why I was hurting.  To have someone show compassion about why I was feeling the way I did.  Yeah, it sucked when Justin and I broke up and I got over it but I felt like me having those feelings weren't justified.  Or real.

I deal with not being able to talk about how I feel all the time.  I feel like my feelings don't matter.  and they do.  They 100% do.  I'm just so afraid that if I voice the way I feel, that it'll be brushed under the rug as not a big deal.  And maybe they aren't in the big scheme of things, but right then, they feel real.

Everything is temporary.  Nothing is forever.  I learn how to work through issues day to day.  Sometimes I wish these lessons were easier to learn but if they were..... would we really learn?

I had such a great day today.  I did not make it out for a swim.  I have the gym on my list tomorrow.  I actually wrote out a list of things to do instead of making it my head.  I make so many lists at work that I almost refuse to do it at home.  That hasn't really gotten me very far though so here's to trying something new.

Gym - Swim?  I've had some paddles that I want to work out with.
Tan - I know it's bad but it really makes me feel so much better and yes I could do it at the beach, but I'm not such a fan of the sand.  or being in a bikini.  haha.
Clean the floors - Mike will be floored if I do this (pun intended)
Laundry - I feel like shopping instead so we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Terra. You can talk to me anytime, anywhere and I will drop anything to be with you if you need me. Every single one of your feelings are valid because you ARE feeling them. Sometimes we just need friends who will listen as we try to work out WHY we are feeling them. Or if you already know, to sit in pain/confusion/frustration/anger with you, not make it better. (I am working on both ;)) A deeper friendship awaits on the other side. Loved the stairs...

    ReplyDelete